May 13 8:30 AM
Small Business Innovation Research Funds / Small Business Technology Transfer Research Funds (SBIR/STTR) are the number one technology venture funding for American inventors, start up enterprises, and early stage small businesses. Phase One grants can provide up to $150,000 and Phase Two grants can provide up to $1,000,000 depending on the awarding agency. Montgomery County’s Business Innovation Network is pleased to announce the kick off of a new SBIR center in Germantown, MD to help Maryland businesses apply for, win, and manage these types of grants.
The Maryland SBIR Resource Network’s purpose is to educate small business owners to help them receive seed funding capital from the government and to develop and commercialize their technology or scientific products. We’ll be hosting training classes throughout the year to help businesses move through the grant process as agency deadlines occur. For more information about SBIR/STTR please visit www.sbir.gov.
With SBIR & STTR, inventors and small businesses can:
1. Fund innovative, high risk, early stage projects to start or expand a business
2. Receive funding quickly — in as little as 4 months from application
3. Apply for funding with very little paperwork, time or effort
4. Retain full ownership of their technology & intellectual property
5. Retain full equity ownership
6. Retain cash for operations
7. Receive additional, active support for business planning, commercialization and private venture capital acquisition, funded by the government at NO COST TO OWNERS.
8. Establish a bid-advantaged, sole-source marketing position with the world’s largest, ready-made customer base — potentially worth billions to an SBIR firm
9. Gain credibility with the marketplace and potential investors
10. Receive real cash revenues, usually paid in advance of the work required
This program is generously supported by the Maryland Technology Development Corporation.